1/3 Photos of Strudel Surprise!
This is filled with a Rich Creamy Cheese, Pistachio,Almond and a Raisin mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rapid-rise active dry yeast
- 8 ounces cream cheese (or farmers cheese)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 lemons, zest of or 1 orange, zest of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pistachios, peeled
- 1/2 cup raisins, re-hydrated in water (Dried Cranberries, Dried blueberries are great choice as well)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (finely crushed almond cookies works)
- 1Pour dough ingredients into bread machine.
- 2Keep the yeast, salt and sugar separate. According to you machine directions.
- 3Set on dough cycle.
- 4Mean while mix the cheese, yolks, zest, and vanilla. Stir in the pistachio and raisins. Chill till ready to use.
- 5Grease baking sheet pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 6When dough cycle is finished, place to dough on a lightly powdered sugared surface.
- 7Punch down dough and roll into 2 - 14 by 10 inch rectangle.
- 8Brush each dough with melted butter and sprinkle with almonds.
- 9Spread 1/2 the cheese mixture leaving an edge.
- 10Roll into 2 jelly rolls.
- 11Place on baking sheet pan cover with plastic wrap and rise for 30 minutes.
- 12Egg wash the tops and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and or nuts.
- 13Serve warm.
Nutritional Facts for Strudel Surprise!
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of