Recipe by RecipeNut
These take a bit of time to make but are good. They can also be prepared and frozen until ready to use.
Top Review by applee
DELICIOUS! These are really good. They look like they take all day to make but are really easy. I used apricot preserves as it was all I had. I would definetely try again with peach preserves. The only suggestion I can think of is to add a little more preserves to the recipe. I think I put mine in the freezer to chill faster. These were great!
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup peaches or 1 cup apricot preserves, divided
- 30 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 20 pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk (up to 3 teaspoons)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- n a bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine sour cream and egg yolk; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork to form a soft dough.
- Divide in half; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12" square.
- Spread with preserves.
- Combine crushed wafers and coconut; sprinkle over preserves.
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion; seal seam.
- Place seam-side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cut widthwise with a sharp knife 3/4 of the way through dough every 1".
- Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry.
- Place a pecan half on each slice.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over pastries.