Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe makes the best flaky crust! You could use any type filling you like instead of the apricot jam, sweetened apple slices could be substituted. Remember, the crust needs to be mixed the day before. For ease of preparation you could combine the first 4 ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor - pulse until well combined. This is such a beautiful and delicious dessert!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot jam (or your favorite)
- Cream the flour and butter together in large bowl, then add salt and sour cream. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Mix the filling next. Combine nuts, coconut and the apricot jam.
- The next day - divide dough into 4 parts. Roll one portion of the dough into a thin rectangle, top with a fourth of the filling. Roll up like jelly roll and repeat with the 3 remaining dough portions.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.