Kiwi Kathy's Note:
Another recipe given to me by my German sister-in-law. I haven't tried making this yet, but publishing for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix eggs, oil and milk very well together.
- 2Add flour bit by bit. Put onto a floured surface and knead till dough shows little air pockets when cut.
- 3Put in bowl, cover and leave in warm place for 1/2hr.
- 4Roll out, put on clean, floured cloth and pull the dough with your hands to all sides till very thin.
- 5Filling: Vienna Apple Strudel - 1 kg apple, sugar, cinnamon, 100 gm sultanas or raisins, 60 gm leaf almonds, oil, soft butter, icing sugar.
- 6Cut apples finely, add sugar, cinnamon, sultanas, almonds.
- 7Brush rolled out dough with oil, spread apple mix evenly, roll dough with help of towel, put on oiled tray, brush with oil.
- 8Bake at 230 C for 1/2 - 3/4 hr till light brown.
- 9Brush with melted butter, dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strudel Dough
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 50.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: