Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another recipe given to me by my German sister-in-law. I haven't tried making this yet, but publishing for safe keeping.
- Mix eggs, oil and milk very well together.
- Add flour bit by bit. Put onto a floured surface and knead till dough shows little air pockets when cut.
- Put in bowl, cover and leave in warm place for 1/2hr.
- Roll out, put on clean, floured cloth and pull the dough with your hands to all sides till very thin.
- Filling: Vienna Apple Strudel - 1 kg apple, sugar, cinnamon, 100 gm sultanas or raisins, 60 gm leaf almonds, oil, soft butter, icing sugar.
- Cut apples finely, add sugar, cinnamon, sultanas, almonds.
- Brush rolled out dough with oil, spread apple mix evenly, roll dough with help of towel, put on oiled tray, brush with oil.
- Bake at 230 C for 1/2 - 3/4 hr till light brown.
- Brush with melted butter, dust with icing sugar.
very yummy, call gain with your german sister in law