Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the vegetarian cookbook Mediterranean Harvest. Use wild asparagus if you can get ahold of it, otherwise choose the most slender stalks available. The author created this recipe from a medley of dishes enjoyed in and around Croatia. Although the recipe calls for strozzapreti, you may substitute with any pasta you like.
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3⁄4 lb pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch wild arugula (about 2 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous amount of salt. Add the asparagus, cook for 2 minutes, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Bring the water back to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente. Stir 2 T of the pasta cooking water into the ricotta.
- Drain the pasta and toss at once with the asparagus, ricotta, olive oil, arugula, Parmesan and pepper to taste. Serve hot.