Recipe by Charmie777
These are soooo good!!!! They are great for the big game day!! As a main dish I serve one per person. For appetizers, I slice each strombli into thirds. I sometimes leave out the bell peppers to make it a little more kid-friendly.
Top Review by 5hungrykids
These are fabulous! I did make them for our busy game day where we could just grab them and go; eat on the run. They were perfect for tonight and the kids loved them. I did not serve any dipping sauce with them because that would have been too messy; but they didn't need it either. I doubled the recipe for my family and I did not use the peppers. I will be making this a lot this summer. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced (or capicolla)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sweet peppers, rinsed, cut into strips
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- marinara sauce or pizza sauce, heated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Lightly spread one side of each tortilla with butter.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parmesan.
- Arrange 1/4 each of provolone, salami, ham and bell peppers over center of tortillas, leaving a border around edges.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 of the mozzarella.
- Fold up wrap style.
- Place seam side down on non-stick baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice each stromboli on the diagonal.
- Serve with heated sauce.