Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are soooo good!!!! They are great for the big game day!! As a main dish I serve one per person. For appetizers, I slice each strombli into thirds. I sometimes leave out the bell peppers to make it a little more kid-friendly.
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced (or capicolla)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sweet peppers, rinsed, cut into strips
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- marinara sauce or pizza sauce, heated
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Lightly spread one side of each tortilla with butter.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parmesan.
- Arrange 1/4 each of provolone, salami, ham and bell peppers over center of tortillas, leaving a border around edges.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 of the mozzarella.
- Fold up wrap style.
- Place seam side down on non-stick baking sheet.
- Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice each stromboli on the diagonal.
- Serve with heated sauce.
These are fabulous! I did make them for our busy game day where we could just grab them and go; eat on the run. They were perfect for tonight and the kids loved them. I did not serve any dipping sauce with them because that would have been too messy; but they didn't need it either. I doubled the recipe for my family and I did not use the peppers. I will be making this a lot this summer. Thanks for sharing.
FANTASTIC AS CAN BE!!! Really enjoyed this recipe! No need to use butter, TRUE! No need for oil spray too! Put in microwave 20 seconds, so got soft for today, Dry medium heat fry pan, is an easy way, Wrap like a burrito, tucking sides in, This recipe IS a win! To get even brown colour, place plate and any tin can on top, I could go on, but think I will stop lol THANKS!
This turned out so good and diiferent from the regular wraps because of the dipping sauce. I cooked them on my griddler without closing the lid. I did use low fat cheese and you would never know.Thanks for posting this one. Rita