Sink your teeth into this Stromboli over-loaded with veggies!!!. You can use any pizza dough you favor. you can skip the prosciutto for a vegetarian meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 large button mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pizza dough (1/2 of Pizza Dough Bread Machine makes enough for 2 large Stromboli`s)
- 1 ounce prosciutto, 4 slices
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce, use your favorite (plus some extra for dipping)
- In a large pan heat oil add the onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and spices. Go ahead and season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Saute till soft and translucent. Cool.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll out the dough into about 12x10.
- Place prosciutto on the end near you covering 1/4-1/3 of the dough.
- Place the cheese over the prosciutto.
- Top with the vegetable mixture dot the sauce over the veggies.
- Roll the side with the toppings into the bare dough. Bringing the side up and pinching so nothing leaks out.
- Score the top of the dough for steam to escape.
- You can do an egg wash of just brush with water.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- Live, Love, & Laugh.
These are great! I used my own pizza dough and marinara sauce (chunky version), made some with prosciutto, some with sausage and some with just vegetables. I did egg wash and they looked super and tasted even better. Thanks, Rita!