1/2 Photos of Stromboli With Prosciutto, Peppers, Onions, Garlic & Shrooms
Sink your teeth into this Stromboli over-loaded with veggies!!!. You can use any pizza dough you favor. you can skip the prosciutto for a vegetarian meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 large button mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pizza dough (1/2 of Pizza Dough Bread Machine makes enough for 2 large Stromboli`s)
- 1 ounce prosciutto, 4 slices
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce, use your favorite (plus some extra for dipping)
- 1In a large pan heat oil add the onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and spices. Go ahead and season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Saute till soft and translucent. Cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 425.
- 3Roll out the dough into about 12x10.
- 4Place prosciutto on the end near you covering 1/4-1/3 of the dough.
- 5Place the cheese over the prosciutto.
- 6Top with the vegetable mixture dot the sauce over the veggies.
- 7Roll the side with the toppings into the bare dough. Bringing the side up and pinching so nothing leaks out.
- 8Score the top of the dough for steam to escape.
- 9You can do an egg wash of just brush with water.
- 10Bake for 25 minutes.
- 11Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
- 12Live, Love, & Laugh.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stromboli With Prosciutto, Peppers, Onions, Garlic & Shrooms
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 376.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: