Recipe by Patti McD
This recipe came from my Italian aunt. It makes a geat appetizer. Easy and fun to make it only requires a little counter space to roll out the dough, a precious commodity in my crowded kitchen.
- 2 loaves bread dough, from freezer case
- 1⁄2 lb salami
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages spinach, chopped
- olive oil
- garlic, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain spinach (dry). Add oil and garlic to taste. (I am heavy-handed with garlic).
- Defrost bread and roll out into a rectangular shape.
- Layer cheese, salami and flavored spinach.
- Roll in jelly roll fashion.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- For a bready stromboli let sit 1 hour before baking.