Recipe by Bonnie G #2
An attractive, delicious Stromboli in a ring shape from Taste of Home. Sure to be a winner at your next get together, made easy with frozen bread dough, though I think I'll make my own. When made it I did sprinkle a handful of Mozzarella cheese on top before rolling. Prep time does not include rising
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese or 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 lb frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- marinara sauce, warmed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cheese, one egg and Italian seasoning.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Spoon sausage mixture over dough to within 1/2 inches of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge to two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce if desired.