Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy to put together appetizer. Cut down the portions for a smaller gathering or family meal!
- 4 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed (1lb)
- 1⁄2 lb deli salami, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Let dough rise until doubled, according to package directions.
- Punch down.
- Roll each loaf into 15" X 12" rectangle.
- Arrange a fourth of the salami, ham, pepperoni and provolone cheese over each rectangle.
- Sprinkle each with a fourth of the mozzarella cheese, Romano cheese, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and pepper.
- Roll up each rectangle jelly roll style beginning with the long side.
- Seal seams and ends.
- Place seam side down on two greased baking sheets.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Good cold too!
This was outstanding!
I made this for an appetizer on the 4th of July. I went out to the grill and left someone to cut it for us...came back in to half of it gone and everyone ooohhing and aahhhing. My husband took the leftovers as snacks to work and loved it cold also. Great recipe!
I made this for my 3rd annual Halloween Party last weekend and it was the most popular of 10 different appetizers served. It was very simple to make and will definitely be on my 4th annual party list! Served Spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping.