Recipe by Trish Dickshinski
This recipe was given to me by my dear friend, Karen, and I love it because it is easy and delicious!
Top Review by Susan Aspeotes
This is a superb recipe !! I will admit that I made a few changes: I made my own bread dough and added 1/2 teaspoon salt substitute, 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash and 1/4 cup of fat free grated parmesan cheese to the dough. I did not use the olives. I also added 8 oz mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni layer. And, I did not use the corn meal. It was a bit tricky to roll up but I managed to get the stromboli onto the baking sheet without tearing it. My husband thought that this was very tasty.
- 1 loaf refrigerated French bread dough
- 8 -10 slices ham
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 8 -10 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup cornmeal
- olive oil
- Italian spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out dough to a rectangle, approximately 16 X 24 inches.
- Spread pepperoni over the rectangle.
- Along the long edge of the rectangle, layer ham, peppers, olives, and cheese.
- Starting from the long side, roll up stromboli, sealing ends as you roll.
- Roll stromboli in corn meal and then sprinkle olive oil and spices.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.