1/5 Photos of Stromboli
I got this recipe off of Cooking Live. You can mix and match the toppings as you wish. It is a fast and easy dinner. I make the pizza dough in my bread machine, but you can buy it pre-made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 basic pizza dough
- 5 ounces sliced ham
- 5 ounces pepperoni, sliced thinly
- 1 (10 ounce) box button mushrooms, sliced and sauteed or 2 cans mushrooms
- 2 large red peppers, sliced and roasted
- 1 large onion, sliced and roasted
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano,etc.)
- cornmeal, for pizza paddle
- 1Preheat oven with pizza stone in it to 450 degrees.
- 2If you don't have a stone a baking sheet will do.
- 3Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface.
- 4Useing a rolling pin roll dough into a 10 x 14 inch rectangle.
- 5Cover the rectangle with layers of your desired toppings, leaving a 1 inch border around the sides and at the top.
- 6Mix the 3 cheeses and the herbs together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top.
- 7Starting at the end closest to you, roll the stromboli into a log.
- 8Seal the dough by pinching firmly with fingertips on sides and ends.
- 9Sprinkle a little cornmeal on a pizza paddle and put stromboli on the paddle.
- 10Make sure the seam is on the bottom.
- 11Use a pastry brush or a mister to apply olive oil.
- 12Carefully place stromboli on preheated stone, turn down oven to 400 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.
- 13Carefully remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 14Slice with a serrated knife.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stromboli
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 1046.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
basic pizza dough