Recipe by Bekah Balmer
I've been making Stromboli since high school. It has long been a family favorite. You can fill it with almost anything but my favorite is Italian Meats or cheese steak. I've only been making my own crust for about a year now, before I used frozen bread dough.
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 lb ham
- 1⁄4 lb salami
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄8 lb pepperoni
Directions See How It's Made
- Add dough ingredients to bread machine in the order listed and put on dough setting. (My machine takes about 2 hours).
- Once the dough is finished preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough out as thin as possible. Spread pizza sauce in the middle and layer meats and cheese on top.
- Fold sides over to seal completely.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is brown.
- Slice and serve with additional pizza sauce if desired.