Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 5 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed and risen
- 1 lb hard salami
- 1 lb ham
- 1 lb pepperoni
- 1 lb provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 lb muenster cheese, sliced
- to taste milk (optional) or to taste hot pepper (optional)
- Divide each loaf of bread into 4 pieces.
- Roll out to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Alternate layers of meat and cheese. Add peppers if desired.
- Wrap bread dough around meat and cheese. Tuck ends under well (to prevent leaking of juices). Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Brush stromboli with lightly beaten egg white. Place in 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This is very similar to the recipe I use from my sister. But to just make one stromboli:
1 lb. bread dough, brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, then brush with prepared mustard.
Top the center with 10 sl. salami, 5 sl. provolone, 5 sl. thin ham, 12 pcs. pepperoni, 1/2 cup shredded mozzerella, 1/2 tsp. oregano. Fold sides of dough in and pinch closed over meat; bake at 350 for 25 min!
Served with a side of Greek Tomato Salad.
I divided my bread loaf in half and used Shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese and sprinkled a parmesan, garlic seasoning on top
These were really good. We didn't use all the ingredients listed, but still good. My kids really liked them and the bread dough gives them that homemade taste. YUM.