Top Review by J-Lynn
This is very similar to the recipe I use from my sister. But to just make one stromboli:
1 lb. bread dough, brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, then brush with prepared mustard.
Top the center with 10 sl. salami, 5 sl. provolone, 5 sl. thin ham, 12 pcs. pepperoni, 1/2 cup shredded mozzerella, 1/2 tsp. oregano. Fold sides of dough in and pinch closed over meat; bake at 350 for 25 min!
Served with a side of Greek Tomato Salad.
- 5 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed and risen
- 1 lb hard salami
- 1 lb ham
- 1 lb pepperoni
- 1 lb provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 lb muenster cheese, sliced
- to taste milk (optional) or to taste hot pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide each loaf of bread into 4 pieces.
- Roll out to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Alternate layers of meat and cheese. Add peppers if desired.
- Wrap bread dough around meat and cheese. Tuck ends under well (to prevent leaking of juices). Place on greased cookie sheets.
- Brush stromboli with lightly beaten egg white. Place in 350 degrees oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.