Top Review by mums the word
A really good stromboli, and quite simple. I followed as written except I did not have Swiss cheese so threw in some cheddar. I was making french bread (recipe #81211) as well, so I used half of the dough from that recipe to make your stromboli. This is a keeper, thx RecipeNut!
- 2 (1 lb) loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1⁄4 lb sliced ham
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 lb sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sliced bologna
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami
- 1⁄4 lb sliced swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Punch down.
- Roll loaves together into one 15x12" rectangle.
- Layer ham and pepperoni on half of the dough (lengthwise).
- Sprinkle with onion and green pepper.
- Top with 1/4 cup of pizza sauce.
- Layer mozzarella, bologna, salami and Swiss cheese over sauce.
- Sprinkle with basil, oregano, garlic powder and pepper.
- Spread another 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on top.
- Fold plain half of dough over filling and seal edges well.
- Place on an ungreased 15x10x1" baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Heat the remaining pizza sauce and serve with sliced stromboli.