Recipe by Stormy Nights in Canada
I statrted making a stroganoff recipe one night and decided to tweak it a little bit... Well I tasted my creation before adding in the normal mixture of sour cream and it tasted amazing without it! Against by better judgement, I still added in the sour cream that night and realized it tasted better WITHOUT it! SO, this is my NEW stroganoff recipe!
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagelipton reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cans low fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
- cornstarch, as needed to thicken
- 3 cups no yolk noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet, then add in mushrooms and onion and cook until tender. stir in the remaining ingrediants (your choice if you want to use the sour cream) except noodles. Use cornstarch mixed with water to thiken as needed. Serve over egg noodles. Enjoy!