Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe I adapted from Stroganoff-Style Crock Pot Cube Steak by Chefcrystal. Her original is very good, but I wanted to adjust it to fit my families tastes and still have the ability to put it in my menu plans and shopping lists.
- 1 lb cube steak, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup flour, more if needed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Mix flour, garlic salt and pepper. Dredge meat in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over med. high heat. Quickly brown meat on both sides. You do not need to cook through. Move to crock pot.
- Add onions and mushrooms to pan. Saute until soft.
- Add soup, water and beef base scraping bottom of pan. Remove from heat and add sour cream.
- Pour over meat. Cook on high for 3 hours.