Recipe by Chefcrystal
This is a wonderful crock pot meal that will even please picky eaters (like me). It is great served over white rice.
Top Review by CookinMama72211
We all absolutely loved this recipe. I didnt make too many changes to it, I used a Seasoned Flour on the meat. I put some raw onion in the crockpot, on top of the meat. To the soup I added a half a can of water then the sour cream, I might have used more sour cream, I just kinda eyeballed it to the consistency that I liked. I also added minced garlic to the soup, then poured it all over the meat. I cooked on high for 4 hours as well, I had some bigger steaks. And let me tell you that you didnt even need a knife to cut it! So tender and delicious!!! I served it over egg noodles with some green beans on the side, and that worked out perfect. For a house of 3 picky eaters (me being pregnant, a picky child, and an even pickier husband) this was a winner for all of us!!! Thanks so much for the recipe! Definitely a keeper for us!!!
- 1 lb cube steak (with 4 pieces)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons oil (for browning)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 -4 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the cube steak with salt and pepper mixture.
- Flour the cube steak.
- Brown the cube steak over Medium heat on both sides.
- Prepare the soup in a pot according to package direction. Heat through.
- Add sour cream to the mushroom soup and stir until incorporated.
- In the crock pot, layer a bit of soup mixture, cube steak, soup, cube steak and top with remaining soup mix. (You may also just dump the soup mixture over the cube steak in the crock pot).
- Cook on low for up to 6 hours or high for 3 hours. (crock pot only).