Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep8 hrs 18 mins
Not sure where this recipe originated from. I have had it in a recipe file for many years. All I know is my family really enjoys it and I hope you will too.
- Put steak in a large zip lock bag.
- Combine beer, oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and stir well; pour over steak and seal bag. Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak and discard marinade.
- Place steak on a lightly greased rack or broiler pan. Broil 3 inches from heat for 8 minutes on each side or to desired doneness.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips and keep warm.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and paprika in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly till tender.
- To serve: Place 2 slices of french bread on serving plate and top with steak, onion/mushrooms and sour cream.