Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is great for a game day or for a fast weeknight dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bacon and garlic.
- Combine the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg; gradually stir into beef mixture until blended.
- Stir in soup and mushrooms(mixture will be thick). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in sour cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through; stirring occasionally(do not boil). Serve on buns.
It was so delish! WE all loved it and one of my friends stopped by to pick something up and said that something smells really good and now she wants the recipe too! YUMMY and super easy to make.
Oh darn, I wanted to be the first one to rate your recipe! But of course I got busy and I am just getting to it 4 days after the fact... Anyway, OMG! I absolutely loved this sandwich. It was so quick and so easy. I followed recipe to the tee. No additions or deletions. And everyone was like "this is soooo cheesey" LOL! And I was happy to say, there is no cheese!!! Anyway, I will be making these sandwiches for many weekends to come.. Loved it! Thanks for sharing...
Oh yum! DH & I made these for our Jan. OAMC. We made the sandwich filling, allowed it to cool a bit, and then made the sandwiches. (Flash frozen and put into freezer bags.) My only changes were to use turkey bacon, canned mushrooms and fat-free sour cream. These will make a great quick dinner on the nights when our 2 DS have sports practice. Thanks for posting, Mika G.!