Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My son James was telling me about this great sandwich.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Cook ground beef with bacon and onion.
- Add garlic.
- When browned add flour, paprika, and nutmeg.
- Cook a bit.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Will be thick until warm.
- Split bread in half.
- Put in meat and top with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes until warm and cheese melted.
This was really good. I omitted the nutmeg as I am not a big fan. Also, the bacon didn't get very crispy so I would recommend putting the bacon in first and cooking it a bit before adding all the rest. But very good flavor!