Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe uses Homemade Gourmet Grandmother's Sunday Roast Seasoning. For more recipes using Homemade Gourmet mixes see Cookingfor7's public recipe book, "Homemade Gourmet Recipes".
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons homemade gourmet grandmother's sunday beef roast seasoning
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups cooked beef, sliced into strips
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 12 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- Saute mushrooms in butter; stir in seasoning mix and flour until smooth.
- Slowly stir in water. Add sliced roast and heat throughout, stirring frequently.
- Just before serving stir in sour cream and heat through.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles.
This turned out to be really tasty. The only reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is that more instruction could be provided for cooking (and seasoning) the meat. I opted for an Indian flavor and used some masala and curry, along with some minced onion in the sliced sirloin that I used. It was excellent!