Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Make this one but don't bake it 'til you are ready to eat....just freeze and then take it out and bake it. If you bake it frozen it will need more time though...but it is good
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Brown beef, drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, and celery.
- Cook covered, over med-high heat, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or till veggies are tender.
- Stir in wine and next 3 ingredients.
- ;set aside.
- Stir together sour cream, cottage cheese, and garlic salt.
- Add noodles, tossing to coat.
- Spread half the noodles in a lightly greased 13x9" baking dish.
- Top with half the meat mixture, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Repeat with remaining noodles and meat.
- Freeze now if you are going to or continue to bake, covered, at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, and bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
Good basic casserole. Prepared and baked right away, but good to have freezer directions for another day. I used No Yolks noodles and the dish seemed a little heavy on pasta, not very saucy, and it seemed hard to discern the stroganoff flavors. Still very tasty, my kids thought it was like noodle lasagna. Thanks for sharing the recipe! And for the great freezing directions!