Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A one-dish, quick meal from Quick Cooking magazine last year. Even my daughter who doesn't like dairy products will eat it. It's a good way to get some calcium in her.
- 3 -4 cups uncooked egg noodles (, Use 3 cups for regular egg noodles and 4 cups for large or wide egg noodles. They take more space)
- 2 lbs boneless pork loin or 2 lbs pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, including liquid
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms, optional
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix or 1 envelope mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Trim pork of excess fat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven, add pork and stir-fry until browned and cooked through.
- Stir in condensed soup, soup mix, corn (including liquid) and mushrooms (if used).
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until pork is tender and juice is partially evaporated- do not burn dry.
- Stir in drained noodles and the sour cream.
- Heat through.
- Garnish with snipped parsley.
I guess I didnt let it cook down long enough, it was really soupy, was a lot of corn, probably would of got by with just 1 can, think that would of eliminated the amount of time to cook down, just didnt seem to need that much liquid.
Never had stroganoff with all these additions, but I will try it. Sounds right up my alley.