Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
adapted this recipe from a weight watchers cookbook. a wonderful meal 1 serving = 1 cup egg noodles and 2/3 cup stroganoff.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups textured vegetable protein (morningstar farms all- vegetable protein crumbles)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk lite
- 2⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Saute mushrooms and onions for 5 minutes in pan coated liberally with cooking spray.
- Add veggie crumbles and saute for 4 minutes.
- Stir in soup and the next 6 ingredients and simmer over med. heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in milk and sour cream. Let sit for a couple of minutes and serve over warm egg noodles.
worcestershire sauce is generally not vegetarian, it contains anchovies. Make sure to buy a vegeterian W. sauce