Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chicken with leeks over pasta make this a complete meal. Cook your pasta while preparing your dish. Enjoy. Pol Martin Cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 leeks, white parts only, cleaned, cooked and sliced
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, heated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- cooked penne (enough to serve 4) or rigatoni pasta (enough to serve 4)
- melt butter in saute pan over meduim heat, add leeks and chicken, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- remove cover and add wine and tarragon, cook for 3 minutes over low heat.
- add chicken stock and correct seasoning, simmer for 3 minutes longer.
- dissolve cornstarch in cold water, incorporate into sauce and bring to a boil for 1 minte.
- pour sauce into large bowl, add parsley and pasta.
- mix well and serve.