Recipe by SmHerndon
Another easy one with minimal preparation but big taste. The bacon is the secret - what flavor.
Top Review by evewitch
I had to make a couple of changes to this. I had bacon end strips, so wrapping really wasn't possible. I fried the bacon lightly to get some of the grease out, then browned the chicken in the bacon fat instead of butter. Then I laid the bacon slices on top of the chicken in the pan. My cream of mushroom was reduced fat (some nonsense that someone left in my pantry) and I had Greek yogurt in the house instead of sour cream. I added some Recipe #16261 to the sauce for extra flavor. I baked the chicken at 425' to go with Recipe #214215. It was done in about 30 minutes, but the top of the sauce got a bit dried out. I probably wouldn't make this again, since I typically don't cook with cream soups, but it was pretty good.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (apprx 6-8 breasts)
- 6 -8 slices bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll breasts with bacon slice and secure with toothpick.
- Brown slightly in butter then place in 13x9" baking dish. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix together soup and sour cream, pour over chicken bundles.
- Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until done - do not cover.