Recipe by Charlotte J
Serve over rice or noodles.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
We all really enjoyed this dinner. One daughter thought it was a little sweet, but everyone else loved the flavor. I used a 14.5 oz can of beef broth (standard size, I thought...ooops!), so I had to add an additional tablespoon of flour to thicken the gravy up. I also had to cook this at least an additional hour before the meat was tender and I left the lid off at the end to thicken the gravy even further. I left the mushrooms out because I'm the only one in the family who likes them. Served over egg noodles this was delicious! Thanks for posting!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs round steaks, cut in strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- rice or noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add steak strips and mushrooms.
- Saute 5 to 10 minutes longer.
- Add broth, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Blend flour into water and add to pan.
- Mix well.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 to 60 minutes or until steak is tender.