Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Makes a bit of a change from the plain stuff, The broccoli can be subbed for spinach if you want. Also its good to be lazy sometimes and chuck all the veg in instead of layering ;)
- 125 g macaroni
- 100 g broccoli florets
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 50 g frozen sweetcorn
- 15 g butter
- 15 g plain flour
- 200 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 100 g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Cook the veg together in a large pan of boiling water until just tender.
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk and bring to the boil, stir constantly until thick and smooth. add the mustard and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce.
- Place 2/3 of the mac mix in an ovenproof dish and arrange the veg on top. Finish with the rest of the mac mix and top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Grill for 5 mins until top is golden and bubbly.