Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite dessert. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. It has just the right amount of sweetness. The crust gives this the perfect crunch. This is a guaranteed hit at a dinner/party or just at home. This recipe can be easily doubled or halved. Everyone will want seconds so be sure to make copies of this recipe or you may end up making it for all future dinners. Enjoy!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups thawed whipped topping, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- For Crust: combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press firmly into bottom of 13-by-9-inch pan.
- Chill 15 minutes.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping.
- Spread mixture over prepared crust.
- Prepare instant pudding and pie filling mixes as directed on package, using 3 1/2 cups milk.
- Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, spread 1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping over pudding.
- Note: A layer of chopped fruit that complements the pudding flavor can be placed on top of the crust before adding the cream cheese mixture.
I have been making Striped Delight for many years and it is a family favorite. I like to use chocolate flavored pudding and garnish the top with chocolate chips.