Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite dessert. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. It has just the right amount of sweetness. The crust gives this the perfect crunch. This is a guaranteed hit at a dinner/party or just at home. This recipe can be easily doubled or halved. Everyone will want seconds so be sure to make copies of this recipe or you may end up making it for all future dinners. Enjoy!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups thawed whipped topping, divided
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- For Crust: combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Press firmly into bottom of 13-by-9-inch pan.
- Chill 15 minutes.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping.
- Spread mixture over prepared crust.
- Prepare instant pudding and pie filling mixes as directed on package, using 3 1/2 cups milk.
- Pour over cream cheese layer.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, spread 1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping over pudding.
- Note: A layer of chopped fruit that complements the pudding flavor can be placed on top of the crust before adding the cream cheese mixture.
I make something similar called Chocolate Delight with a few differences, I add some chopped pecans tin the crust, for the filling I use both chocolate and vanilla pudding layers as well as the cream cheese and for the garnish I use some chopped pecans and I shave a Hershey's chocolate bar on top. One thing about the recipe listed here.....the recipe calls for lemon pudding but the pic shows chocolate....typo I'm sure.
I have been making Striped Delight for many years and it is a family favorite. I like to use chocolate flavored pudding and garnish the top with chocolate chips.