Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in Food Everyday magazine. Cooking in parchment packets requires less fat than other cooking methods and keeps fish moist and tender. Also it is a quick clean-up.
- 1 lb baby bok choy, trimmed and leaves separated
- 4 scallions, halved and cut into strips lengthwise
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, halved if large
- coarse salt and pepper
- 8 thin lemon slices
- 4 skinless striped bass (6 ounces each) or 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide bok choy among four 16-inch long pieces of parchment paper. Top with scallions and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Top each with 1 lemon slice, 1 bass fillet and another lemon slice and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bring long sides of paper together and fold down 3 times to make a seam. Tuck ends underneath to secure.
- Place packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until fish is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Carefully cut open each packet and serve immediately.