Recipe by Queen Dana
Bon Appetit Feb 2011
Top Review by andreafortunoff
I made this recipe for a quick dinner. It was delicious! The only change I made was that I sautéed some sliced shallots in butter and mixed it with the chopped browned nuts at the last minuite into the topping. it will make this again.
- 453.59 g striped bass (or branzino fillets with skin)
- coarsely ground mixed peppercorns
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, divided
- 59.14 ml hazelnuts, coarsely chopped toasted
- 14.79 ml Italian parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml lemon peel, finely grated
- lemon wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and ground peppercorns. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, flesh side down. Cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook until opaque in center, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plates; cover to keep warm.
- Add hazelnuts to same skillet over medium heat. Toast until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons butter and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Divide sauce among fillets; sprinkle with parsley and grated lemon peel. Serve with lemon wedges.