Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bon Appetit Feb 2011
- 16 ounces striped bass (or branzino fillets with skin)
- coarsely ground mixed peppercorns
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped toasted
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- lemon wedge
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and ground peppercorns. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets, flesh side down. Cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook until opaque in center, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to plates; cover to keep warm.
- Add hazelnuts to same skillet over medium heat. Toast until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons butter and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Divide sauce among fillets; sprinkle with parsley and grated lemon peel. Serve with lemon wedges.
I made this recipe for a quick dinner. It was delicious! The only change I made was that I sautéed some sliced shallots in butter and mixed it with the chopped browned nuts at the last minuite into the topping. it will make this again.