Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yum! These muffins are low in sugar, but still taste great! The applesauce makes them moist and sweet.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 15 ml baking powder
- 3 ml salt
- 50 ml canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 5 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 50 ml sugar
- 3 ml cinnamon
- 1 ml nutmeg
- 1 thinly sliced apple (cored and peeled)
- Pre-heat oven @ 400'F, and line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Combine the dry mix into the wet mix in thirds making sure to scrape the sides of your bowl.
- Spoon into the muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Topping time! Coat the thin apple slices in the sugar mix and arrange ontop of the muffins. Sprinkle any extra sugar mix on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Delicious with less guilt! No one even knew they were low cal! I got 15 muffins when I made these! Thanks for sharing!