Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Turn a regular cake into a rich, moist treat with creamy pudding stripes in every bite!
- 510.29 g package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 314.66 ml water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (198.44 g) package chocolate instant pudding
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 946.36 ml cold milk
- Cool Whip
- Bake cake as directed on in a 9x13 pan.
- Remove from oven.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake at 1/2 inch intervals.
- In large bowl, combine pudding mixes and powdered sugar.
- Gradually stir in 4 cups of cold milk.
- Beat at low speed for one minute.
- Quickly pour 1/2 of the thin pudding evenly over the warm cake.
- Allow remaining pudding to thicken and spoon and spread over the top of the cake.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Serve each piece with a dollop of cool whip.
- You can experiment with different flavors of cake and pudding if you like.
This is my favorite cake and I take it to just about every potluck I go to. I am always inundated with requests for the recipe each time. Some of my variations are: Devil's Food with White Chocolate Pudding frosting, Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Cream Pudding, Yellow Cake with Chocolate Pudding (my favorite), Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Pudding, Funfetti Cake with Strawberry Cream Pudding...the combinations are endless!
A traditional favorite in our family.
This has been a favorite cake for many years. I especially like the yellow cake with chocolate pudding, but you can use any combination of flavor, the sky's the limit.