1 hr 55 mins
Iron Bloomers's Note:
This is an "oldie" from the Jell-o box years ago. Still a favorite & great in the summer. The combos are endless. Have fun & enjoy! Cook time includes chill time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix (2 layer size vanilla or flavor of your choice)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes Jell-O pudding mix (not instant, complimentary flavor for your cake choice, i.e. chocolate with the vanilla cake, my cho)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Make cake as directed using 9x13-inch pan.
- 2When you remove from oven, immediately poke holes in cake about 1 inch apart with handle of wooden spoon; set cake aside.
- 3In medium saucepan combine sugar & pudding mix; gently whisk in milk, add butter.
- 4Cook stirring constantly over medium heat till mixture comes to a full boil.
- 5Pour evenly and slowly over entire cake-allowing it to run into holes and it will level off "frosting" the cake also.
- 6Chill at least 2 hours; serve topped with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- 7Store cake in fridge.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stripe-It-Rich Cake
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.3
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 356.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Jell-O pudding mix