Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Crazy Plates. Great Turkey Strips, can use with chicken as well. Most of the fat is "stripped away".
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, 1/2-inch strips
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- cooking spray
- Cook coconut and sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Transfer coconut and seeds to a pie plate and add bread crumbs, mixing well.
- Lightly beat egg whites and sesame oil in small large bowl.
- Add turkey strips and mix until all pieces are coated.
- Roll strips in coconut mixture one at a time and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Spray tops of strips with non stick spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn pieces over and spray again with non stick spray.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Transfer strips to a platter and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Long story short, I couldn't find Sesame seeds at my local store. I did, however, have almonds! So i ground up the toasted Almonds and followed the recipe as stated. It was spectacular! Try almonds it was so good! Thanks for your recipe I will try it next time
This is fast & easy and the looks of the dish would be a crowd pleaser. Honey mustard dipping sauce or sweet and sour is good with it. I will make with chicken breasts sliced next time.