Recipe by ChrisMc
A Southwestern blend of spicy and sweet - great for a casual dinner party.
Top Review by Heather U.
This glaze was yummy on seared turkey tenderloins finished off with a quick roast in the oven! I took the opportunity to use up some fresh peaches instead of preserves (which meant adding sugar). I also used fresh garlic and more cumin because I love those flavors. This would indeed be nice with red meat, so I'll have to try the strip steaks next time. Thanks, ChrisMc!
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 -3 chipotle chile, chopped fine (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 strip steaks
- 4 peaches, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix preserves, juice, and chilis, and heat to simmer over low heat.
- Stir in cilantro, garlic pepper, cumin, and salt.
- Grill the steaks to preferred doneness.
- Brush steaks with 1/2 of the preserves mixture.
- Boil the remaining mixture for 1 minute.
- Serve each steak with 1/2 peach, covering steak and peach with the boiled glaze.