1/2 Photos of Strip Steaks With Broiled Asparagus
Lorrie in Montreal's Note:
Sourced from:"The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 beef loin strip steak, cut about 3/4-inch thick, trimmed of all fat
- 1-2 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2.46 ml cracked black pepper
- 8-10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 1Rub steak on both sides with a mixture of garlic and pepper.
- 2Place asparagus in shallow dish and drizzle with oil.
- 3For sauce, in a medium skillet stir together broth and wine.
- 4Cook over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced in volume to 1/4 cup.
- 5Whisk in mustard.
- 6Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 7Preheat the broiler.
- 8Spray an unheated broiler pan with cooking spray and place steak on it. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare or 10 to 12 minutes for medium, turning once and place asparagus into the pan next to the steak for the last two minutes of broiling.
- 9Spoon sauce onto a plate.
- 10Cut steak in half crosswise and place atop sauce.
- 11Top with asparagus spears.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strip Steaks With Broiled Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g