From Food & Wine, May 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lbs New York strip steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 cup pitted green olives, finely chopped (6 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat a grill.
- 2In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon zest, rosemary, crushed red pepper, 1 tablespoon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper- Rub the mixture all over the steaks and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the olives with the parsley, oregano, mint, capers, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- 4Scrape the marinade off the steaks and season them with salt and pepper.
- 5Grill the steaks over moderately high heat, turning them occasionally, about 10 minutes for medium-rare meat.
- 6Let the steaks rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes, then thinly slice them crosswise.
- 7Meanwhile, brush the cut sides of the rolls with olive oil and grill until toasted, about 1 minute.
- 8Spoon half of the olive relish on the rolls and top with sliced steak and tomatoes.
- 9Sprinkle lightly with salt and spoon the remaining relish on top.
- 10Close the sandwiches and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strip-Steak Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 982.2
- Calories from Fat 650
- Total Fat 72.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.7 mg
- Sodium 984.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 47.6 g