Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old friend of mine served me the best chicken and dumplings. I got this recipe from her about 25 years ago.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 6 -9 tablespoons of very cold water
- 3 1⁄2 quarts broth
- Mix all but the broth
- Form a ball and roll out on floured surface.
- Cut the dough into the size strips you want.
- Reform a ball and roll out again until all the dough is used.
- Put into boiling chicken broth.
- 20 minute cook time.