Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Hard to stop eating this. It's so stringy and cheesy and good! If you like tons of cheese you might want to make an extra 1/2 batch of this.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (I like a lot so we use a little more)
- Slice bread in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients together till well blended.
- Spread half of mixture over each half of bread.
- Broil till cheese is melted and the top is a light brown.
- Remove and slice into 2 inch wedges and serve.
- This can be made ahead and kept refrigerated for at least one week.
We made this to go along with our lasagna and it was just ok for us. I had some leftover cream cheese that I needed to use up so I chose this recipe. While there is nothing wrong with the recipe, it just wasn't to our taste. I am glad I tried this , but I prolly won't make again.
This was good! I put in a little too much green onion but it ended up being a pretty good mistake. I wouldn't replace regular garlic bread with this but would throw it in once in awhile to mix things up. Thank you!!
My BF loved this creamy and really stringy garlic bread... I thought is was good, but very rich. I only made half a recipe and with our spaghetti and salad, it was just perfect. I used the smaller amount of green onions since I only wanted a faint taste of them... and upped the garlic. I baked the bread with the spread on at 400F for 5 minutes first to crisp up the outside and then broiled it for another 5-7 min to finish. Good bread, but we will probably save this for special occassions since it was quite rich for us. Thanks for sharing!!!