Recipe by Hey Jude
Delicious bread for your next BBQ! Easy to prepare and just throw it on the grill with your ribs, chicken, etc. Experiment with the cheese...I've done this with a pesto-jack I got at the farmer's market and it was great. Recipe is from an old Betty Crocker Barbecue cookbook.
Top Review by diner524
I picked this recipe to make for the Photo Forum's July BBQ event. I made the cheese mixture the day before I planned to grill. This is very simple and so tasty. The only problem I had was getting the bread slices apart after grilling, as the cheese melts and sticks the slices together, but it didn't affect the recipe. Thanks Hey Jude for posting a yummy bread recipe!!!
- 1 (1 lb) French bread, loaf
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, with tops
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread diagonally into 1-inch slices, cutting almost to bottom of loaf.
- Mix remaining ingredients; spread between slices of bread.
- Place bread on a 28x18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil; wrap securely.
- Place on grill 5-6 inches from medium coals; cover and grill, turning once, about 8-10 minutes; unwrap foil and grill bread uncovered 5 minutes longer.