1/1 Photo of String Spaghetti Pie
Jennifer Lewis's Note:
I bought the cookbook that this recipe was in because of this recipe. It is a cross between spaghetti and lasagna and you don't have the mountain of left overs, like with lasagna. It's fast and easy and wonderful with garlic bread and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, use as much as you like
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup cottage cheese, you use low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cook beef, onion and green pepper in large skillet over medium heat until the meat is browned.
- 3Drain fat.
- 4Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 5Combine spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and butter in large bowl; mix well.
- 6Place in bottom of 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 7Spread cottage cheese over top; cover with sauce mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- 9Bake until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- 10*Chef'snote: I layered everything, so it looks nice.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for String Spaghetti Pie
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.1 mg
- Sodium 713.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 30.3 g