Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fast and easy pasta dish that makes a great dinner with a loaf of garlic bread and a green salad. Sometimes I do use some italian sausage along with the ground beef for more flavor.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to your taste (op.)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic in a large skillet until browned.
- Drain; stir in red pepper flakes (op.) and spaghetti sauce and set aside.
- In a large bow, mix spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, eggs and butter. Spread in a greased casserole dish; spread cottage cheese over the top. Pour sauce mixture over cottage cheese; and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
My DS made this for a great dinner for us tonight. We used all ingredients but the spicey peppers.
I made a double batch of this recipe last night to serve for dinner last night, and to take to a potluck tonight. Everyone loved it at dinner, and it is always a popular dish at any potluck. Thanks for posting this recipe. I will use it again and again.