Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great sri lankan substitute for rice. You can use all rice flour if wanted but I found the bread flour helps to keep them moist.
- warm the flour in an oven or in a sauce pan on low heat.
- Add salt
- Water should be luke warm, then add slowly to flour and work into a soft dough.
- Place the dough into a vermicelli press (or string hopper press) and squeeze onto hopper mats.
- Place the mats into a steamer or a large pot with a trivet at the bottom with water the reaches up the the rungs.
- Steam until strings are fully cooked and springy, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with pol sambol (coconut sambol) and coconut milk gravy.