from todays NY Times, perfect for thanksgiving.
Make and share this String/Green Beans W/Ginger and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Working in two batches, boil beans until just tender but still crisp and bright green.
- Start testing after 4 minutes or so, being careful not to overcook.
- When done, plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, lift out immediately when cool and drain on towels. (Recipe can be made to this point up to a day in advance and kept refrigerated, wrapped in towels.).
- When ready to cook, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wide skillet over high heat.
- Add half the beans, half the ginger and half the garlic, and cook, stirring and tossing constantly, until beans are heated through and ginger and garlic are softened and aromatic.
- Sprinkle with salt, and remove to a serving dish.
- Repeat with remaining oil, beans, ginger and garlic. Serve.