Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from todays NY Times, perfect for thanksgiving.
Make and share this String/Green Beans W/Ginger and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Working in two batches, boil beans until just tender but still crisp and bright green.
- Start testing after 4 minutes or so, being careful not to overcook.
- When done, plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, lift out immediately when cool and drain on towels. (Recipe can be made to this point up to a day in advance and kept refrigerated, wrapped in towels.).
- When ready to cook, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wide skillet over high heat.
- Add half the beans, half the ginger and half the garlic, and cook, stirring and tossing constantly, until beans are heated through and ginger and garlic are softened and aromatic.
- Sprinkle with salt, and remove to a serving dish.
- Repeat with remaining oil, beans, ginger and garlic. Serve.
Yum! I've always loved eating these but never tried making them myself. I think I will make this every week now. Thanks!
Delicious. I made it exactly as described. The beans were cooked yet crunchy and the garlic and ginger blended well together. Will make again soon.
We loved these green beans with our Grilled Tuna Steak. They were so good! We only cooked until al dente because we like them with a little crunch. Will have often, as we found we really love them this way!