1/1 Photo of String/Green Beans W/Ginger and Garlic
from todays NY Times, perfect for thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- 3Working in two batches, boil beans until just tender but still crisp and bright green.
- 4Start testing after 4 minutes or so, being careful not to overcook.
- 5When done, plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking, lift out immediately when cool and drain on towels. (Recipe can be made to this point up to a day in advance and kept refrigerated, wrapped in towels.).
- 6When ready to cook, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wide skillet over high heat.
- 7Add half the beans, half the ginger and half the garlic, and cook, stirring and tossing constantly, until beans are heated through and ginger and garlic are softened and aromatic.
- 8Sprinkle with salt, and remove to a serving dish.
- 9Repeat with remaining oil, beans, ginger and garlic. Serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for String/Green Beans W/Ginger and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.9
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g