Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From an old card in my recipe box. I would add garlic but this is the recipe as written.
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 lb string bean, trimmed
- 1 pinch dried Italian herb seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- Combine the stock, oil and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and herbs.
- Cover; simmer until beans are almost tender.
- Remove lid; simmer until excess liquid has evaporated.
- Add salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
Made for Green beans/basil Monthly Swap. I liked this but my DH did not and he is a bean eater. He said the tomatoes took away from the bean taste and I have to agree with him. We both had watering mouths as this cooked and could not wait for them to be done but they just did not do it for us. I think next time and there will be a next time, I will make without the tomatoes and then add them in at the end cold sliced. I also think garlic would enhance the flavors more but that is my opinion and I will give that a try as well. Thank you.